Hello and Good Afternoon blogging community!
I am so honoured to have been thought of as a nomination for The Sunshine Blogger Award. This is my first time blogging, I have only been going for just over a week and to have been recognised already by a fellow blogger means so much so thank you to the lovely @LTalksLife for my nomination! What a beautiful way to get to know each other and such a great idea for new bloggers to get themselves out there!
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
LTalksLife’s Questions & My Answers:
1. Why did you start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
I have always been interested in documenting my thoughts and feelings. When I process my emotions or experiences, I go over them in my head as though I am talking about them and I thought that blogging would be a good way to get those thoughts and feelings off of my chest and as a way of making sense of them. I have loads of ideas and wanted to make a start on them as 2018 is a year of doing new things and making progress. I have been blogging exactly 6 days! and I can’t believe how much progress I have made with the help of the community and the friendly advice of my fellow bloggers. It’s been amazing!
2. What inspired your blog name?
Everything I blog about is what is happening for me or has happened for me – so naturally, I wanted my blog to act as a diary. Being on the other side of 25 brings a whole new wave of feelings and experiences that I’ve never had before I wanted to connect with others who were on their journey of figuring out life too!
3. Who is your blog aimed at?
My blog is aimed at anybody really – but originally I had an over 25’s demographic idea due to the content. I have since realised that I would really like to share my experiences with young adults and hopefully help them with some life lessons I wished I had known back then – such as one of my latest blogs here.
4. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
I feel like all this information and internal documenting is being released when I start writing. After years of wanting to but not knowing where to start or thinking I had anything of interest to add to this huge blogging community, it’s exciting to be getting my content out there too. We all have a story to tell!
5. What would you like to change about blogging?
I’m not experienced enough to want to change anything – I’m just figuring things out. I suppose it would be nice if it was easier to get your content out there – but then that’s where the challenge and determination lies. There’s probably hundreds of thousands of blogs currently sat abandoned on the internet where people didn’t have the drive to push their content which is sad if you think about it. But if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
6. Do you blog full time or balance it alongside another career?
Blogging is a new hobby for me! I work full-time for a university. I coordinate and recruit actors for educational purposes and I love it! Blogging is something for me to work on in my spare time.
7. What tips would you give to your fellow bloggers?
Give us newbies a chance – and read our content if you have the time! 🙂
8. Do you actually put pen to paper to write your blogs or work on a computer/laptop etc?
I have a notebook filled with ideas – like titles that have popped into my head. I go back to it to see if I have any further ideas on them! But I write them on a laptop.
9. What inspires your blogs/how do you come up with new content?
I think about what’s going on for me now, what I’m thinking about in general or if something has happened and how I feel I want to respond to it. Anything really – but experience is something I particularly like documenting. The amount of people I’ve read blogs about their experiences that have helped me is endless so to give something back would be great.
10. What is your dream job?
I don’t have a dream job anymore! I used to want to be a lot of things – singing for a living was always my dream. But I’ve lost confidence in that so I teach kids to perform and sing instead! A dream job to me is something you enjoy and that makes you happy. Helps you actually live – not live to work.
11. What do you aim to achieve by the end of the year?
I want to have learned to drive, have some money saved in the bank and to have established myself in the blogging community! I hope to start 2019 as happy as I started 2018! 🙂
My questions to you are:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What kind of blogs do you like to read for yourself?
3. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
4. What do you like doing in your spare time?
5. If you don’t blog full-time, how do you fill the rest of your day?
6. What have you enjoyed about blogging so far?
7. What are your goals for 2018?
8. What do you find intimidating being new to blogging?
9. Where would you like to see your blog in a years time?
10. Are you more of a negative or positive person? Glass half full or half empty…
11. Favourite film, TV show and song?
Create a new blog with The Sunshine Blog image as the logo and tag your nominated new bloggers! Answer the questions posed to you and write 11 new ones for your nominees to answer.
Good luck everybody with your new blogs, I hope you achieve all you hope for with your content. 🙂