It’s Sunday everybody! I’ve managed to catch up on what I missed out on during my few days away – I was nominated by 5 people for 3 awards! It genuinely means so much to me to be thought of when other bloggers are deciding on their nominees. So that you deeply, you are such lovely people!
I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Kayla over at Mama Unrated. Kayla’s blog is all about experiences, tips and tricks to help make life a little easier through the eyes of a mum. Check out her content – her blog is beautifully laid out and written. I was also nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Another Little Birdie! A.L.B’s blog started from a passion for writing – and writes about a variety of topics from travel to history to blogging tips. Thank you both so much for the nomination – it means a lot!
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So I’ve done a few of these now and it’s getting really hard to think of what people would consider as ‘interesting’ facts as I think I’m quite boring haha! But I will see what I can do.
7 Facts About Me:
1. When I was about 2 or 3, I put my hand inside one of those old gas fireplaces with the bars that went across – popular in the 80’s and 90’s. I burnt my fingers on my right hand and on 2 of my fingers my fingerprints are burned and left with scars. I also put my hand on an iron when I was a kid too. I clearly was deranged and really seemed to enjoy putting myself in these situations.
2. I have never stayed in a hospital overnight. I’ve been lucky enough to have never needed care for longer than a day. I feel for anybody that is told to stay in, I would hate it.
3. I have never smoked or taken any drugs. It’s quite rare to be able to say that – especially smoking as most, if not all, of the people I know have tried a cigarette at least once. I just never found it appealing – my dad smoked his entire life so I’ve been around it and hated the smell. My mum stopped when she was pregnant with me – but smoked with my brother and sister. They both ended up smoking (they don’t now) and I never did so… strangely coincidental. Drugs scare me; not gonna lie. Where those tapes they would show in school about people who died sniffing solvents or taking ecstasy didn’t work on some kids as a deterrent, it certainly worked on me.
4. I bit my nails for 21 years and decided suddenly to just stop. Since then, I’ve had beautiful long nails. However I recently just broke a load and I’m struggling to grow them back! But at least I know I can – I have the will power!
5. I’ve started collecting historical items – things from the year I was born, old maps from where I grew up and I’ve just bought a bottle on Ebay which is one of few bottles remaining that were produced for an old shop on my childhood road back in the 1800s. I’ve become really nostalgic and want to collect items for when we buy and move into a bigger house. I have lots of ideas for what I want to have on display!
6. In school, we were once tasked with writing a piece about ourselves at that moment in time and reading it out in English class. At that time, I was singing in a show and my peers asked me to sing. I said no because I was too shy – and my teacher said he’d up my grade if I sang. I couldn’t do it with everyone looking at me so I made the whole class turn around in their chairs and I sang to the backs of their heads. Classy.
7. My favourite music era is the 80’s despite being born in the following decade. I absolutely love 80’s playlists and think I was born in the wrong generation! I also love music from the 50’s.
My 15 fantastic blog nominations are:
Safe Haven; Anonymous Letters – I love this blog. The content is so candid and honest and the writing is relatable. One of my favourite blogs and one of the first blogs I discovered when I started blogging.
Non-Alcoholic Student – Robert’s blog looks at life from a student’s point of view minus the alcohol. I couldn’t and can’t relate to students who attend freshers and student parties as I did none of that whilst studying. I find Robert’s blog so relatable and I connect with a lot of his content. We have become good friends through blogging and I love his work!
Parchment and Pencils – Natalie started her blog as part of her curriculum but it has ended up becoming a fabulous little place of writing. Natalie was the inspiration for me starting my 30-day blogging challenge and I’m super-proud to call her one of my friends.
Dr Perry – Make It Ultra – Dr Perry’s work comes up on my feed everyday and his writings are excellent – especially the uplifting daily quotes and meaningful messages. As well as his work, he is a big reason I have been able to get my writing out there due to his efforts in helping promote blogs and bloggers. Please check him out if you haven’t already!
Average 20 Something – Stephen is a great blogging friend of mine and he puts a lot of time and effort into helping other blogs out. He welcomed me in to his community, and is always the first person to give a new or fellow blogger a helping hand. He has turned his attentions to offering his blog as a platform for guest blogging which is always fabulous! As well as being there for other people, he writes feel good posts about his day-to-day life, his goals and travel experiences as well as blogging advice. A great friend to have by your side when blogging.
Myself Wise – Maria was my first ever follower on Twitter, which meant so much to me as a new blogger – and is one of the loveliest people and bloggers. She is a big part of my blogging community, I love her content and she is always helping other bloggers out. Her blog doesn’t get as much love as it deserves so please check out her blog and give her a follow!
Tralisty – Naomi’s blog is all about personal experience including mental health, lifestyle and travel. It’s a little bit of everything! Naomi has been through a hell of a lot and shares her story honestly and openly. She is a close blogging friend and is always quick to help us out. I love her writing style and content.
MollyBBlogs/Molly Barham Designs – Molly is like a kindred spirit and has become one of my little blogging besties. We share a lot of the same thoughts on things, and she is hilarious. I love her blog posts; they’re candidly funny and easy to relate to. Molly has also turned her attention recently to web design – so if you’re in need of a new logo or website, hit her up!
Gutsy Girl – Emily is such a feel-good spirit, and writes about anything and everything. Her humour and energy is contagious and I love being able to call her a friend. She is also currently on a binge of TV shows like Game of Thrones and Gossip Girl so check out her Twitter for regular thoughts and updates – and her blog on the weirdly wonderful.
Mary Chronicles – Mary. There’s so many wonderful things to say about Mary! She is one of the kindest and supportive members in the blogging community and seems to know everybody! Mary’s blog is fantastic; her content ranges from beauty tips to lifestyle advice. I love her spirit and energy; she is constantly sharing and re-blogging other people; promoting bloggers through Follow Fridays and award nominations. If you don’t know Mary already – please do. She is amazing.
P.S Barbosa – Paolo’s writing is fantastic – and from what I’ve seen so far, he is very popular and has an ever-growing list of readers. His blog is a mixture of personal experiences, advice and travel amongst other topics. I find Paolo a really active and supportive member in the blogging community! Please give him a follow and check out his content, it really is brilliant. One of my favourite blogs!
Steph and the City – Steph blogs about lifestyle and everyday life. I love Steph’s website design and her posts are brilliantly written. She has also collaborated with bloggers such as Average 20 Something (see above nomination) and is always sharing others’ content and posts. A great blogging friend to have!
Good Pieces in Life – Jenni is another of my good blogging friends who blogs about lifestyle, advice, personal day-to-day posts and creativity. Jenni is super lovely, will give your posts some support and help get your stuff out there! What I also love is she writes her posts in both Finnish and English – which is not only time consuming but dedicated. Check Jenni out!
Judanna – Judanna is a young but excellent blog writer. Her posts are extremely well written, current and have a fresh appeal. Judanna writes about an array of topics – and shares a lot of her personal thoughts and experiences. Please check out her blog and content, she is a fab blogger.
Lancashire Lad Blog – When a blogger is starting out, it means a hell of a lot to have supportive bloggers around you keeping you motivated and giving your content a read. Ian has been one of those people from my very humble beginnings and is always around to offer words of encouragement, praise and share his opinion. He is a fantastic member of the WordPress blogging community and his support has meant a hell of a lot. Please give his blog a follow and check out his content!
Happy Blogging – and thank you to all my nominees for being a big part of my blogging journey! You’re all great.